Baby's now the size of a raspberry!
Baby is growing like mad, putting on about a millimeter every day and continuing to straighten out in the trunk. Though you can't feel it yet, baby is moving those little arms, legs, and (now only slightly) webbed fingers and toes like crazy.
How far along? : 8 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: I have lost one pound, so that is negative one from pre-pregnancy weight.
How big is baby?: Raspberry
Maternity clothes? Not quite yet. I am waiting for my Maternity jeans to come in and then I will be wearing those. I have a few maternity shirts, but they are a little big, so I only wear them when I have nothing else in my closet. I might need to buy a new sweater before the end of the month.
Stretch marks? None yet, I hope they stay away!
Sleep: I am sleeping ok. I wake up really early to go to the bathroom which stinks because then I can't get back to sleep. But when I do sleep it is great. I also take a nap every afternoon.
Best moment this week: Telling some friends the big news!
Movement: None, although I had a muscle spasm in my belly the other night, that was weird.
Food cravings: Ramen Noodles, I HAD to go out and get them. They are so yummy!
Gender: Won't know for quite a while, but I think its a girl.
Labor Signs: None, please stay away for about 7 months
Belly Button in or out?: Inny
What I am looking forward to: Getting my new maternity pants in the mail, still.
Weekly Wisdom: Sleep when you can, I feel that living in pure exhaustion is ridiculous!
Milestones: I feel like getting to week 8 is a milestone. I don't know why, but I feel like I've accomplished something by getting this far.
Something I've been thinking about this week is Faith. I feel like there is so much in my life right now that I just have to leave in God's hands. I have tons of issues with school right now that is way out of my control. I have just been praying that God will work something out. I should know something by the end of the day and once I know I will write about it in more detail.
I am also having to deal with not having an ultra sound for another 2 weeks. So many of the girls on the bump have their u/s done by week 7 and get to see their babies and it is so sweet. I unfortunately have to wait til week 10. I feel so eager to know if my baby is healthy and I want to see him or her so badly. This has just been another test in my faith. This pregnancy is really out of my control. There is nothing I can do at this point other than keep eating healthy foods and staying hydrated. Whatever happens, happens, God is teaching me that it is all about having Faith in Him.

Happy 8 weeks!!
ReplyDelete