Your baby weighs about two pounds and is about 12 to 15 inches long, about the size of a small pot roast. If your baby were born now, he would have an excellent chance (85 percent) of surviving. He still isn't fully formed and would probably not be able to breath by himself. He would need to stay in an incubator to keep his body temperature regulated, and he would have a weak liver and immune system. (Fact: Babies have more taste buds at birth than they will have later in life. Newborns can sniff out and tell the difference between their mother's milk and someone else's.)
Source: fitpregnancy.com
Total weight gain/loss: I am up 16 pounds. Ugh. I should just stay off the scale.
How big is baby?: Baby is the size of an Eggplant or pot roast depending on the source. 12-15 inches long, about 2 pounds.
Maternity clothes? Yep, all maternity! I can wear some sweat pants and my t-shirts that are non maternity. My t-shirts are starting to get too small, though. I may have to breakout some of DH's shirts.
Stretch marks? According to one of my readers the dark lines around my belly button are not stretch marks, so according to that, I have none!
Sleep: I am starting to get up more frequently during the night to go to the bathroom. I still toss and turn and now I am starting to wake up really hot and sweaty. My sweet little boy has been kicking me awake every morning around 6:00 am, while I love feeling him kick me, I would love that time to sleep.
Best moment this week: Getting his furniture in yesterday and really starting to get his room together and decorated!
Movement: Yes!! He is getting so strong!
Food cravings: Juice, water, milk, cereal, and pizza! I am also having a huge sandwich craving which I've indulged a few times. Tacos and Mexican food is also sounding good these days.
Gender: Handsome Baby Boy!
Labor Signs: Nope, but I feel pressure on my cervix when I'm on my feet too long.
Belly Button in or out?: It's official, I have an outie now. You can even see it through my shirt.
How far along? : 27 Weeks! 10 more weeks until I'm full term and 13 until the due date
Total weight gain/loss: I am up 16 pounds. Ugh. I should just stay off the scale.
How big is baby?: Baby is the size of an Eggplant or pot roast depending on the source. 12-15 inches long, about 2 pounds.
Maternity clothes? Yep, all maternity! I can wear some sweat pants and my t-shirts that are non maternity. My t-shirts are starting to get too small, though. I may have to breakout some of DH's shirts.
Stretch marks? According to one of my readers the dark lines around my belly button are not stretch marks, so according to that, I have none!
Sleep: I am starting to get up more frequently during the night to go to the bathroom. I still toss and turn and now I am starting to wake up really hot and sweaty. My sweet little boy has been kicking me awake every morning around 6:00 am, while I love feeling him kick me, I would love that time to sleep.
Best moment this week: Getting his furniture in yesterday and really starting to get his room together and decorated!
Movement: Yes!! He is getting so strong!
Food cravings: Juice, water, milk, cereal, and pizza! I am also having a huge sandwich craving which I've indulged a few times. Tacos and Mexican food is also sounding good these days.
Gender: Handsome Baby Boy!
Labor Signs: Nope, but I feel pressure on my cervix when I'm on my feet too long.
Belly Button in or out?: It's official, I have an outie now. You can even see it through my shirt.
Milestones: Making it to 3rd Trimester!
New Pregnancy Symptom: My feet are starting to swell a bit, not too bad though, I just need to up my water intake.
What I am looking forward to: My MW is giving me another ultra sound at my next appointment on Monday and my first Baby Shower next Saturday!
Weekly Wisdom: Love your baby today and be thankful for your DH being around to support you through this time in your life.
New Pregnancy Symptom: My feet are starting to swell a bit, not too bad though, I just need to up my water intake.
What I am looking forward to: My MW is giving me another ultra sound at my next appointment on Monday and my first Baby Shower next Saturday!
Weekly Wisdom: Love your baby today and be thankful for your DH being around to support you through this time in your life.

AHHH 3rd Trimester! I can't believe it! By the way I just sent you an email!
ReplyDeleteOMG 3rd tri! Where is time going?! Congrats girl - he'll be here in no time! :)
ReplyDeleteDH and I were just talking about how fast time has gone! I can not believe he will be here in less than 3 months!
ReplyDelete