Wednesday, May 12, 2010

26 Weeks

26 Weeks!
"Your baby weighs about 1 1/2 pounds and has undergone a growth spurt in the past few weeks. From weeks twenty to twenty-eight, she almost doubles in height and now would be about a foot tall if she could stand. This week marks a major milestone in your baby's hearing and sight. Your baby's hearing system (cochlea and peripheral sensory end organs), which began fine development during week eighteen, is now completely formed, and over the next few weeks, she'll become increasingly sensitive to sound. In about a month, you'll feel her jump if she hears a sudden loud noise. Sound passes easily into your uterus, which helps her ears develop. Her eyes are almost fully formed. Did you know that all babies have blue eyes in the womb, no matter what their genetic inheritance is? A baby's eyes don't get their final color until a few months after they are born. The air sacs of the lungs, called alveoli, will be developed by the end of this week and will begin to secrete a substance called surfactant that keeps the lung tissue from sticking together." Source: Fitpregnancy.com

How far along? : 26 Weeks! One more week and I'm in third trimester! Wow! 14 weeks until due date and 11 Weeks until I'm full term.

Total weight gain/loss: This morning I was up 15 pounds, but it varies from 12-15.

How big is baby?: Baby is the size of an Eggplant. 13.5- 14.8 inches long, 1.5- 2.2 pounds.

Maternity clothes? Yep, all maternity! I can wear some sweat pants and my t-shirts that are non maternity. Still this.

Stretch marks? Still just the really faint ones around my belly button.

Sleep: I'm up about 2-3 times a night to go to the bathroom. About twice a week I'm awake from about 3:30-6:00 tossing and turning, then I can go back to sleep until around 8:00 or 8:30.

Best moment this week: Being informed that my furniture should be in next week!

Movement: Yes!! Although in the past two days I've noticed a decrease in movement. I guess he is starting to run out of room in there.

Food cravings: Juice, water, milk, cereal, chocolate milk, and pizza. I feel like a child with these food cravings. Tacos sound good right now, though.

Gender: Handsome Baby Boy!

Labor Signs: Nope, Stay away for a while please.

Belly Button in or out?: It's official, I have an outie now. You can even see it through my shirt.

Milestones: Double digits until the due date!! 98 to go as of today!

New Pregnancy Symptom: Nothing new this week. I have a slight increase in energy this week which is nice.

What I am looking forward to: My sister coming to see me in 2 weeks! She is bringing back up to my parent's house for my Baby Shower!!

Weekly Wisdom: Life can be scary, especially when carrying a child, but know that God is in control.

Pictures!!!
Comparison pictures of Mama View. The first is 20 weeks, the second is 26 weeks.


26 Weeks!

2 comments:

  1. Just so you know, the marks around your belly button are probably not actually stretch marks. I got weird little squiggly darkish lines around my belly button when I was pregnant with my son and freaked out, but my mom friends assured me they would go away once the baby was born. They were right, so don't worry! I'm starting to notice them again now that my belly is expanding, so I think maybe belly button skin is just weird looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like what I have, dark squiggly lines. It almost looks like a bruise from a distance. Good to know that they go away!

    ReplyDelete