Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Happy V-Day!

He is still a Papaya!

How far along? : 24 Weeks Viability Day!!!

Total weight gain/loss: I am up 10 pounds since the day I found out I was pregnant. Yikes! I've never seen numbers this high on the scale. My Mw told me to not gain 10 pounds in 1 month again.

How big is baby?: Baby is the size of a Papaya! It is about 11 inches long from head to rump. If I had to guess I would say he is about 11-11.5 inches long, but what do I know, really?

Maternity clothes? Yep, all maternity! I can wear some sweat pants and my t-shirts that are non maternity. I am almost in the need of maternity undershirts. (Same)

Stretch marks? My fist official stretch marks are around my belly button, nice, right?

Sleep: It is alright. Some nights are better than others. Some mornings I wake up with a back ache and stiff, but other mornings I wake up feeling great. Still this.

Best moment this week: Having people ask me about my registry for my Baby Shower!

Movement: Yes!! I feel him alot now. He is getting so strong.

Food cravings: Juice, water, milk, cereal, and pizza! But I have orders to stay away from salty foods and fast food.

Gender: Boy!! We are so excited!

Labor Signs: Nope, but I feel pressure on my cervix when I'm on my feet too long.

Belly Button in or out?: It's official, I have an outie now. You can even see it through my shirt.

Milestones: 24 Weeks!!! Huge milestone, Huge!

New Pregnancy Symptom: Frequent urination is back. It went away for a while, but its back. Also big, fat puffy face and hands. I think that is weight gain related.

What I am looking forward to: My MW is giving me another ultra sound at my next appointment.

Weekly Wisdom: Think positive thoughts and trust in God, He will work everything out according to His plan.

Story of the week:
I went to my appointment on Monday and my blood pressure was still high. So, my MW ordered a 24 hour urine test in which I peed a total of 2.8 liters. He was checking for signs of Pre-Eclampsia, which is not a good thing to have when pregnant. I turned in my urine and had three vials of blood taken to check for Pregnancy Induced Hypertension. On my way out I ran into my MW and told him I was feeling shaky so I may have high blood pressure now, so he checked it and it was only 118/76. At my last three appointments it hasn't been under 135, so 118 was music to my ears! He said if he knew it was going to be that low then he wouldn't have had so much blood taken from me.

Here is my 24 Week Picture! Sorry about the door, my camera wasn't angled correctly.


4 comments:

  1. I think you look cute! (Your living room is pretty too by the way) Congrats on reaching V-Day! It's such a great feeling and now you'll only feel more comforted as time goes on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It is such a relief knowing that there is a good chance that he will be ok if he came in the next few weeks. Although, I pray that he makes it to 37 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy V-day!! You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy V Day! Isn't it a great feeling!! You're looking good! I gained 10 pounds last month too...yikes! 20 weeks with no weight gain and then BAM, it played catch up. Hopefully it's a slower gain from here on out!

    ReplyDelete