I'll give you a long detailed birth story later, but here is the shortened version. I had to be induced because of high blood pressure, so I went in on Thursday morning, the 12th, at 6:00 am and they started me on Pitocin around 7:30 or so, 16 hours later I started pushing, and 2 1/2 hours after pushing Noah was here!
I ended up with everything I didn't want, but things have been great in spite of that. I didn't want to have to be induced, but did, and I didn't want an episiotomy, but had to have one because he was sunny side up and there was no way I was pushing him out that way without tearing big time.
He is a bit Jaundice but we are working through that with a Bili blanket and lots of time in the window.
My milk came in on yesterday morning and by last night I was engorged. It isn't fun, but thanks to a lactation consultant and a La Leche League Leader I am able to deal with it and Noah is getting plenty to eat and my breast don't feel like they are about to explode.
DH has been super great throughout all of this. I couldn't ask for a better husband and father to my child. He is the one who gets up in the middle of the night to comfort Noah and change his diapers, he's been keeping up with the house work so I can recover and gain strength back. He plays with Noah and talks to him and it makes my heart melt every time he does that. He was so great in the hospital, too, I wanted to cry as I was pushing (for more than one reason) but I thought he was so wonderful.
Anyway, I will now leave you with a few pictures of our little guy.

Oh Emily he is BEAUTIFUL!!! I am so very happy for you!!! I can't wait to see more pictures!
ReplyDeleteHe's beautiful! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteAhhh!! I've been waiting on this post. He is PERFECT! Such a beautiful baby! I know you two are just over the moon right now. Congratulations girl - I'm so happy for you both!
ReplyDeleteHe is so precious!!!! Congrats and enjoy these first few days, they are so special! Can't wait to read your full birth story!
ReplyDeleteHe is just perfect! Congrats lady!
ReplyDeleteHi! I have been following your blog for sometime now and instead of being a creepy stalker, I thought I would say hello and share my blog with you! I am currently 4 days overdue with my first baby girl and I am looking to connect with some mamas! I look forward to reading more on your lovely blog!
ReplyDeleteHey Lady! Where did you go?
ReplyDelete